Gently Raise Your pH With This Easy To Use Liquid
pH-Up and pH-Down are supplements used to adjust your water and nutrient solutions to the proper pH range for plants. Most plants prefer a pH range of 6.2 to 6.8. pH levels that are too low or too high can result in release of or tying up of minerals in soils that can lead to toxic levels or deficient levels of various elements.
What is pH?
- pH is a measure of acidity or alkalinity.
- For growing in soil, the pH range should be 6.0 to 6.5.
- In hydroponics, pH should be maintained between 5.5 and 6.0
- When the proper pH is achieved, the nutrients become more available to the plant. pH levels that are too low or too high can result in the release of, or tying up of minerals in soils that can lead to toxic or deficient levels of some mineral elements. If pH is too low, raise the pH using Dyna-Gro pH-UP.
- pH of 7.0 is considered neutral.
- A lower pH is considered acidic and a higher pH is considered alkaline.
Before adding the nutrient solution:
Using a pH meter to measure the acidity or alkalinity of the water. If the pH is LOWER than 6.0 (5.5 for hydroponics), add pH DOWN to nutrient solution in ½ tsp. per gallon increments until desired pH is achieved.