The Silicon Solution Is A Supplement That Supplies Silicon & Higher Levels Of Potassium To Build Stronger Plant Cell Walls
Silicon is an element that is often overlooked in plant nutrition. Pro-TeKt provides supplemental potassium and silicon in an easy to use liquid concentrate. Benefits of silicon include greater tolerance of environmental stresses and mineral toxicity or deficiency. Silicon deposited in cell walls forms a “Pro-TeKtive” barrier, defending your plants from water loss due to high temperatures. The increased strength of cell walls also results in drastic improvement of stem and branch strength.
- Since silicon does not trans-locate within the plant, it must be applied and made available continually throughout the plant’s life cycle.
- In hydroponics, Pro-TeKt is a replacement for the silica normally found in soils, though those natural levels provide only slight benefits to plants.
- Plants supplied regularly with Pro-TeKt experience increased rates of growth and stronger stems.
- Deposited in a hard, opaline form in the epidermis of leaves and stems, silicon adds mechanical strength and supports plants’ natural defenses against insects and fungal infection.
- Plants become more tolerant to drought, heat, and cold stresses, and will support the weight of dense, heavy buds.
Pro-TeKt can be used as a surfactant and to raise pH. Pro-TeKt The Silicon Solution is recommended for all plants.
- Hydroponics: Mix ? to 1 tsp. per gallon of water for recirculating systems.
- Siphon Mixer: (1:15 ratio) Mix ? to 2 fl. oz. per gallon of water for a concentrate feed solution.
- Irrigation Injector: (1:100 ratio) Mix 8-10 fl. oz. per gallon of water to make an injectable concentrate. Apply Pro-TeKt separately when using a single head injector.
- Foliar Application: Mix ? to ? tsp. per gallon of water and spray directly of leaves.
- For outdoor applications in soil, feed 1 2 tsp/gal with every watering.
Note: Because a high pH is required to keep Pro-TeKt in solution, the concentrate cannot be mixed with any acidic fertilizer. Therefore, apply Pro-TeKt separately when using a single head injector.